Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Someone school me on Star Wars

I watched Star Wars with the boys yesterday, it was the 3rd one (I think), the one with the Sith in it. After the first five minutes I was lost. I just couldn't get past the fact that Luke Skywalker and Princess Leah were siblings. Wha? Any way... I loved Star Wars when I was a kid. I remember standing in line for 2 hours to see it when it first came out. It was pretty hot that day and we stood in the sun for it seemed an eternity. My best freinds mom even threw up and passed out from the heat (we later found out that she was really hungover from the Molly Hatchet concert the night before). Anakin, was Lukes son? Or father? I'll never get it. I give up. I'm just going to stick with Napoleon Dynomite.

Oh, and I have a huge crush on Anthony Bourdain. There is something about him that intrigues me. He's not that handsome, his earring looks stupid and what is he, a buck thirty ringing wet? I just love to watch his show on the travel channel. Maybe it's because we both have the same things in common we like to travel and we like to eat.

3 COMMENTS:

walternatives said...

Our nephews Know All re: Star Wars. I'm with you - I give up. And Mr. Bourdain? Hottie and Bad Boy Deluxe = big crush here! I loved him pre-T.V., via his books. I've only seen a couple of his shows but each one made me salivate (him and the foods).

aimeeg said...

I think Yoda is everyone's dad:) It definitely could be a family tree storyline for Jerry Springer.

Anne Marie said...

Yes, Anthony Bourdain! He'd be a devil for sure in real life, but he cracks me up. Did you see the clip show (I don't know if it was an anniversary or a yearly wrap-up or what). The outtakes were hysterical.