Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
Here is a little taste of the tropics.....
As with any vacation I take there will always be a fabulous highlight or a embarassing/horiffic incident. This time it happened to land on horrifically embarrassing. Being on the island there is no such thing as sidewalks or concrete for that matter. Most of the terrain is sandy pathways. So when you enter ones home you automatically remove your shoes before stepping in the door to keep the sand and the chitras out of your house. So I pretty much went without shoes for most of the time I was there. Except for the day we ventured to Caranero where this video was taken. It was a pretty wild trek through a jungle and since it rains off and on there is mud and all sorts of stuff to step in. My flip flops sat out for a good 4 days on the porch of our B & B getting rained on and rinsed off until I slipped them on the morning we left. They were a little wet but we were in a hurry to get to the airport so it didn't bother me. We get to the airport check our bags and surfboards and sit in the terminal. As I sit there I smell this horrible smell. We switch seats thinking that we MUST be sitting next to a trash bin or something. The new seats have the same smell. I start sniffing my homeboy CERTIAN this it is him. I give him a good sniff down and he's clean. NO, this awful smell could NOT be coming from MY person, no way. I sniff my shirt, my pits, my hands, my knees. I pick up my flip flop and OH MY DOG IN HEAVEN . It was ME. My flip flops had formed a smell so vile it would knock a buzzard off a shit wagon. No lie. Our plane was leaving in a mere 15 minutes, my bags are checked with another pair of flips. I got to the bathroom and try to rinse them off. Well, as my luck would have it someone just flushed and in Panama you always wash your hands before you flush due to water pressure issues. So, no water. I had a half bottle of Purell that I dumped in my shoes and on my feet. Now I had swamp ass smelling shoes with a hint of Purell. Not good. There was nothing left to do but put the flip flops back on and hope for the best. We get on our puddle jumper back to Panama City. I sit down, slip off the shoes and put my backpack over them to try to bury the stink, but the flight attendant makes me stow my backpack in the overhead bin. Damn it. An older European man with a fanny pack and too tight pants and his stunningly gorgeous Panamanian trophy wife with a pair of fake boobies that her chin rests upon, sit right in front of me. Homeboy and I look at each other in horror and then laugh. Two minutes later I hear something in Spanish and recognize the words 'dead' and 'awful' and they made their way up the aircraft. A man came and sat in the seat later and either it didn't bother him or he was born without a sense of smell. It was another hour and a half before I could change my shoes and when I did I found the nearest trash bin and properly disposed of all the evidence of the most heinous smell I have ever smelled.
Posted by Operationtigerlily at 5:31 PM
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Posted by Operationtigerlily at 1:53 PM
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Posted by Operationtigerlily at 10:39 AM
Sunday, January 11, 2009
- I went to Costco this morning with full blown bed head and I didn't care. Well, I cared but, I could care less that I didn't care. Just threw on a sweatshirt, some shorts and some flip flops and I was in the car and gone.
- I am a giant scaredy cat. My Homeboy is gone for a few weeks on a trip and being in this house alone gives me the creeps. My boys are no help either. The other night the wind decided to pick up and the tree was brushing up againts the window. I called a twin in to help me investigate (I was sure it was a potential axe murderer). He walked in heard the sound and walked right out. Thanks Big Guy. Obviously, it wasn't an axe murderer, just silly wind.
- Facebook really IS Mysp@ce for old people. But this old person diiiiiiigs it!
- I question my ability to have a young baby. I have not been around babies in so long that I feel I might be out of my league. I mean I want a baby REALLY bad, I just am scared at the thought of not knowing what the hell I am doing. The boys were 2 1/2 when we adopted them and were already on sippy cups so they didn't need a bottle and I potty trained them about 6 weeks after coming home to us. I am worried I will be in over my head. Well, I guess I have a while to read up on Baby 101, right?
- Eye cream. Don't go to bed without it.
- I have the best group of girlfriends a person could ever have. Really, I am one lucky girl.
- I will wear my retainers every night to the grave.
- I would like to raise my next child like he did. Check out the trailer for this documentary of Doc P@scowitz and his family of nine children. I would not be as extreme (he was really extreme) but I can identify with his philosophy so much when raising children. The older I get the more I think I could actually homeschool my child. Not that I am going to do it.......but, sailing around the world with our kids would be an amazing childhood experience.
- Girlfriends are entering the picture and I am so not ready for this.
- If I didn't have kids in the house I am pretty sure I wouldn't ever turn on the television. I love quiet. I could just be happy with just my ipod or XM R@dio.
- I never thought I would wish for a roof full of solar panels
Posted by Operationtigerlily at 7:21 PM
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
So, on to a pressing question. My cell phone contract is up in a few weeks and I need a new phone. I have been toying with getting an iphone . My current provider, who prides themselves on being "America's most reliable network". Just doesn't deliver. My cell phone serves as our landline (I have all calls forwarded from our home # to my cell. Blame the Houdini dog), and 9 times out of 10 at home my calls are dropped, sound like I am talking under water or I can hear feedback from myself talking to another. So back to the iphone. I really want one. Do any of you have one? Do you love it? Like it? Hate it? Does the service provider kick ass or suck ass?
Posted by Operationtigerlily at 4:42 PM
Monday, January 5, 2009
Posted by Operationtigerlily at 10:28 AM
Thursday, January 1, 2009
I am so ready for a new year and a new outlook. This year I hope to:
- Concentrate on building our business and become a marketing goddess. Paddle boards anyone?
- Become more involved with the boys school (I used to be uber involved and then backed off due to time and over scheduling)
- Smile more
- Spend less
- Use cuticle cream daily
- Be more organized
- Accessorize more
- Hit the gym at least once a week (you can stop laughing)
- Grow my hair out
- Paint every baseboard and piece of moulding in my house
- Get the new driveway poured
- Grow plumeria
- Keep my Hummingbird feeders supplied with nectar
- Learn conversational Spanish, not Spanglish
- Go to Panama (OK, I already am)
- Stress less
- Make my bed every day
- Send birthday cards to my friends
- Not think about China and leave it to the universe of when I will see my daughter
- Back up photos (learned the hard way when my computer crapped out)
- Talk to my sister more
- Win a contest
- Learn how to knit socks
- Resist the urge to buy a new car (mine will be paid off in a few months)
- Make out with my husband more
- Trim the dog's nails so I don't get yelled at by the vet
- Remember to take my acai everyday
- Make the boys pick up the dog poop
----and this is just the short list----
Posted by Operationtigerlily at 9:23 PM