My favorite show of the year. I have a bizzare crush on Dwight.
This shampoo is the best shampoo ever. It has a herb-y, slightly spicy, patchuli-ish scent. Not only does it smell great it makes your hair feel fabulous.
Never a fan of the liquid eye liner, until my friend turned me on to this. It goes on like a felt tip marker, but blends like a pencil. I bought it in brown and LOVE it.
Thorlo Everyday Walker Socks
Extra cushion in all the right places and the heel has an extra fluffy strip so NO BLISTERS!
Stella Artois Beer
Belgian beer of happiness. Served ice cold it's heaven in a glass.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Posted by Operationtigerlily at 9:05 PM
Thursday, May 24, 2007
There is this meme going around about 7 random facts about myself. I will oblige. Here are my 7:
1. I never watch the television news. I prefer to stick my head in the sand. I am aware of the terrible crap that is going on around me. I know there is a war. I know there are causalties. I know there is massive poverty. I know there is some good and some bad. If I watched the daily news I would be not be able to smile. So I stick my head in the sand. It's better down here.
2. I love, love, love that my sons' favorite band is Led Zeppelin.
3. I DVR a soap opera everyday (I like to call it my "story" like my grandma did). This is a huge secret, SHHHHHH! I have been watching it for about 10 years now. Nobody but my family knows. The best part about it is that my boys know all of the characters and will randomly ask "Hey did Nick find out if he is the father of Carolines baby or is it the illegitimate brother's uncle's gardener?". So don't tell anyone or I could face total embarassment.
4. I HATE peas.
5. I can flick a beer cap over the entire length of my house, from one end to the other.
6. I have a pet turkey named Arnold.
7. I hate to admit it but I like golf. I played 18 this weekend and had a blast. My kind of sport is one that you can drink beer and tan yourself at he same time. WHO knew golf carts could be so much fun??
Posted by Operationtigerlily at 2:57 PM
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
This is my first so bear with me:
1. What is your salad dressing of choice? Balsamic Vinegarette
2. What is your favourite fast food restaurant? Ewww.....don't really eat fast food, but if a gun were at my head I would have to say Paul's Gourmet Burgers by my office. They have really good Greek Chicken Pita with this amazing tzasiki (sp?) sauce and good french fries
3. What is your favourite sit-down restaurant? It's a tie between Fish House Vera Cruz and Marco's Italian
4. On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant? I double the tax and round up, which usually comes out to be around 18-20%
5. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? Sticky rice
6. What is your favourite type of gum? Bazooka (which I can FINALLY chew now that my braces are off!). I Love me some bubbles.
1. What is your wallpaper on your computer? A photo of a street sign I took while in Paris
2. How many televisions are in your house? I hate answering because we have 4
3. How do you listen to music? Usually in my car, but The Ramones CD is stuck in my CD player so I have been listening to the radio (LOVE The Ramones, just after the 50th time I got a little burned out). At the gym I listen to my Ipod.
1. What is your best feature? My feet
2. Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Yes, but if I told you I'd have to kill you
3. Which one of your five senses do you think is the keenest? My sense of smell for sure. My hub said I was born with a cheap set of ears, but what I lack in hearing I make up in smell. I can smell BO from two miles away.
4. When was the last time you had a cavity? Like 10 years ago
5. What is the heaviest item you lifted last? My ass, up a hill
6. Have you ever been knocked unconscious? No, but I am sure my boys have wanted me unconscious
1. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? No, it gives me anxiety just thinking about death
2. Is love for real? Yes
3. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Anastasia Beaverhouzen
4. What colour do you think looks best on you? RED
5. Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake? A penny, when I was 3 or 4
6. Have you ever saved someone's life? No
7. Has someone ever saved yours? No
1. Would you walk naked for a half a mile down a public street for $100,000? Hey?!?! you can get paid for it? All this time I have been doing it for free
2. Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100? Sure
3. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000? I think my insurance pays $500,000........so, SURE!
4. Would you never blog again for $50,000? Heck yeah, I have and adoption to pay for. But I will have to learn to write with a missing digit because I will be missing a finger
5. Would you post naked in a magazine for $250,000? Yes, but it has to be in Oprah's mag
6. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1,000? I would say I have more respect for my sphinchter than to do that
7. Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000? Totally. There is nothing really worth watching anyway. I would miss Big Love, though.
1. What is in your left pocket? A reciept from Starbucks for my nonfat decaf Dulche De Leche Latte
2. Is Napolean Dynamite actually a good movie? Only the best movie of all time!
3. Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house? Both. Hardwood everywhere but carpet in the bedrooms
4. Do you sit or stand in the shower? What else would I do, levitate? I stand.
5. Could you live with a roommate? Yes and have
6. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own? I live in SoCal....MANY!
7. Last time you had a run-in with the cops? Does my dad count? He's retired.
8. What do you want to be when you grow up? A good person
9. Last friend you talked to? Amy
10. Last person you called? RMS, to change Conner's spanish class for next year
1. First place you went this morning? The boys' rooms to make sure they were up and ready for school
2. What can you not wait to do? See my babygirls sweet face for the first time
3. What's the last movie you saw? Fast Times at Ridgemont High on Comedy Central
And I tag whoever want to participate
Friday, May 11, 2007
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Here are some photos from New York. We had a great time, of course. Other than our hotel sucking big fatties, the sights, the food, the wine, the shows were amazing. We visited Ground Zero, poked around MoMA for a few hours, shopped at Barney's (saw a dress that maybe my pinky toe could fit in), saw Wicked and Denise got backstage and talked with Bruce Hornsby. I ended up being the stalkarazzi and snapped pics. Kind of a whirlwind trip, but I think we got lots accomplished.
Denise and her bud Bruce Hornsby, who I have to admit was pretty good. His genre is bluegrass now and his cover of Rick James' Superfreak was fantastic!
Denise and I having an after concert nightcap
I love the architecture in NY. The old buildings surrounded by high rises is just breathtaking
Posted by Operationtigerlily at 11:20 AM