Saturday, April 19, 2008

3 words

K, A, G, P, Moi and M
2007
This picture was taken at our 20th High School Reunion


The four of us in the center met in second grade, the two on the ends came into the picture in fifth grade. I can still remember the day I met each of them. A, (the beauty in the black skirt holding the camera) and I became best friends the first day I moved into our neighborhood when I was 8. She came over told me we were friends and that was it. I met G, (holding that giant yummy margarita) when I was in line for lunch the first day of second grade. I was wearing a "I am a wild and crazy kid" t-shirt and she had on Mork and Mindy suspenders. We complimented each other on our cool stuff and were instant best friends. P, (In the black top and jeans) and I met on the playground when she was playing with A. She told me she always gets the sniffles at other peoples houses and I said me too and were were best friends right then and there. K, (far left) and M (far right) joined the group when they came to our school in the 5th grade. We have been through alot in our 32 years together. I mean ALOT. Births, deaths, weddings, divorces, sickness, health, fights, feuds, accolades, up's, downs, in's, out's. We have hit them all. I talk to one of them at least once a week, and a month doesn't go by without a call or email from each other. I love these girls with my whole heart. It is silly to call them best friends, we are more sisters than anything.

P, G, Me and A at the Roaring 20's Day dance in 1976

8 COMMENTS:

Cavatica said...

That's so cool!

Stephanie said...

Ah, the Mork and Mindy suspenders!!!!!!! Way to make a sister get all nostalgic.

Sounds like an awesome group of girls and you just made me think of mine and miss them even more.

Mamacita said...

Those are great pictures! You're lucky to have such great friends. It takes great friend to have great friends.

Pug Mama said...

you are so very fortunate!

Maia said...

What an awesome story! I love that. That's one thing I missed out on by living all over the place as a kid. My childhood friends are scattered all over - Holland, England, France, New York City, Oregon....I've kept up with a select few, but it isn't like we have a lot of reunions!!

Yoli said...

I LOVE posts like these. It is so wonderful to have such lasting frienship.

insanemommy said...

I so get this! I have a group of friends who I have been friends with for over 30 years. We have taken an annual girls trip for the past 30 years. Always some place new. So much fun...

Now, I'm confused. Are you the blond cuz I thought you were a brunette! You all look gorgeous.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

My BFF just disappeared about 5 years ago... she got a b/f and what an idiot he was... well, he was jealous of me and she listened to I washed my hands of my BFF of 10 years who turned out to not be a BFF... so glad you are still friends with all these girls... must be fun...