Friday, December 1, 2006

We are having an elephant


Did you know that the getational period for an elephant is 18-22 months? It seems that by the time we get our daughter I could be the mother on an elephant. Yesterday it was refferal day for families who have been waiting roughly 15 months for their precious daughter. We are lead to belive by our agency and other sources that our wait may be as long as 16-24 months. This bites the big one. Mr. Voiceofreason (Mark) tells me not to think about it (You have to remember that Mark has this Polly Anna optimism, that border lines denial) and that it will all work out in the end and SHE it is worth the wait. I TOTALLY know it is worth the wait, I just want the wait to be over and our beautiful little girl here with us.
On the home front, things are going great. We just got our plans finished for the remodel of our house finalized and we should be right on track for springtime. I can't wait for my new kitchen. I picked out this awesome fridge. It's MAMMOTH (hence, the pachiderm reference). It is like the size of two standard size fridge and freezer side by side. We are SO going to be able to fill that puppy. Seeing that I am convinced the boy's have a tapeworm; they eat like it's their last meal. It's only fitting I should have something of this size on hand. Mark thinks it's obnoxious, I think it's mandatory. Oh, what does he know (wink).

1 COMMENTS:

Cavatica said...

Another ALT DTCer here. I just posted on the elephant gestational period myself! What a wait, huh?