Monday, March 31, 2008

Just because.


What is that? A butterfly?



That happen to be attached to the beautiful flowers my Homeboy brought home for me 'just because'. Actually, it is because I turned him on to steel cut oatmeal (have you tried this stuff? It's amazingly good). Really, the guy is easy to please.



My laptop cord has finally made it, but I have not been into the computer much. Spring has sprung and it is positively beautiful around here. My wisteria has bloomed and my roses that I pruned the crap out of and pretty much left for dead have begun to sprout these ginormous blooms. I love to go outside just before the sun goes down and drink in the smells of the flowers and fresh grass. My hobby of late has been grabbing my book and pulling up the chaise and read, read, read. I started a book on Saturday and I am almost done. Two books I ordered from @mazon came today and I cannot wait to dive into them. If you need me I will be on the patio.

11 COMMENTS:

4D said...

Sweet man. Lovely blooms. Enjoy the lovely weather. Send some up here pls!

Keep smilin!

Mamacita said...

Flowers for oatmeal? That's a friggen great deal! Good on the man!

Can you do me a solid and take a few pictures of the wisteria and the roses since I'm still looking at dirty snow, flattened down brown grass and no signs of buds what-so-ever in my garden?

Its damn cold here today, but sunny. The neigboring town got 24" of snow yesterday....we only got about 4 but it melted quickly. A real spring sounds nice!

Michele said...

I'm always so jealous of your nice weather.It is cold and damp here still and we can't plant anything for another 6 weeks or more. Can I just come join you on your patio? I haven't sat down with a good book in a very long time.

D & S said...

The flowers are beautiful! What a great guy.

It suppose to be spring here and the we just got some snow. I'm ready for the nice weather.

Alana said...

can I come live with you? we can leave our computers inside and sit on the patio and drink our sorrows away? Oh and train Redd and Conner to fetch us snacks and refresh our beverages? think it will work?? Whats the weather forecast for Sunday??

kitchu said...

Hey... whatchya readin'? Love me a good book suggestion :O)

The flowers and butterflies are beautiful. I've never had steel cut oatmeal. Have I ever even had oatmeal? Not since baby days, I'm sure.

walternatives said...

Helpful hint though maybe you already know - you can cook the steel-cut oatmeal overnight in the crockpot. Google it. To make it even more healthy, sprinkle cinnamon on top; it's considered a super spice. For more tart flavored oats, substitute apple juice for the water.

I *heart* steel cut oats, too.

walternatives said...

p.s. I meant steel cuts oats, not oatmeal. So excited to see SCO mentioned that I can't type.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I got my own 'just because' the other day... a Tinkerbell figurine... how does Mike know I like her???? Love your flowers...

Maia said...

All that for oatmeal? He really is easy to please (although I agree about the steel-cut).
Happy, happy, spring, spring!

Yoli said...

What a sweetie!!! I don't know about that oatmeal, do tell.