Thursday, February 8, 2007

Greetings from Typhiod Island

It's sucky here on my island. While visiting here you will experience:

  • Fever
  • Sore throat
  • Body aches
  • Coughing
  • Runny nose
  • Sneezing attacks

So far only three have come down with it and the fourth is hanging in there. I am feeling a bit better and have been going into work despite hacking up a lung to all of my fellow officemates dismay. The show must go on.

Yesterday I got flipped off. It was great. I was taking the boys to school, quite early and yeah, I was driving half asleep, and my 'game' was a little off. I switch lanes and I accidentally cut off some guy in a cheesed out BMW. If I cut me off I'd be pissed to, but not to the extent of this guy. He flips me off. Not just flipping the bird, but a biting the lower lip, furrowed brow, evil in his eye flip off. He pulls up next to me yelling. I didn't look at him so that pissed him off even more. Geez, SOMEBODY was having a crappy morning. This got me thinking, what is it with the flip off? It's a finger, a middle one. What gives? I know there is a history behind the middle finger that I was told once but can't remember. How can one finger pack such a statement? I mean what was better that flipping your parent off behind their back when they said No You Can't Go To The Movies With Amy. (Darcy, our Social Worker, if you are reading this I REALLY did have a normal, great childhood). It just made you feel sooooo good! I can't remember the last time I flipped someone off. I'm sure it was Mark.

Whens the last time you flipped someone the bird?

2 COMMENTS:

walternatives said...

I can't remember my last flip. Does your social worker have your blog address? I live in fear that I will be discovered...

"M2" said...

friday--I gave a flip off
some weirdo was driving beside me on interstate--I had a bunch of cars in front of me and had to keep braking--his lane was clear yet he stuck like glue beside me braking unnecessarily everytime I did. A stalker of sorts. He stuck there for 20 good minutes. I admit I gave him a flip--then pulled out cell and stared at him while I pretended to call the police and he zoomed off.