Monday, March 19, 2007

Pipe Dreams and a Hoop Jumper


Me jumping through a hoop---------------->



It's Monday! I can hear the sounds of jack hammers, trucks, chainsaws, the smell of freshly cut lumber being delivered and set on the lawn, the plumber tackling the 55 year old pipes, the electrician installing the new can lights in my new master bedroom. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. Whaa? Awww MAN! It was a dream??? Yeah, a dream. No permit issued on Wednesday. Crap on a cracker.

I have come to the realization that I am a hoop jumper. With our adoption of the boys we jumped through several hoops, one really major hoop, in fact. With this adoption, LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of hoops. Now we are jumping through more hoops with the County to issue our building permit. Yes, folks we have to wait another two weeks to see if he changes that were made are approved and THEN we will get our building permit. I could write some really stinky things about the County but, I believe in karma so I will bite my tongue, because we REALLY need this permit to get started. Is life about hoop juming or is just me? My new motto is "Gimme a hoop and I'll jump it". I am the Evil Kenevil of hoop jumping.

4 COMMENTS:

Anne Marie said...

I predict you are scoring major karmic points with all your hoop-jumping. Bureaucracies are no fun. Stinky (and I'm being polite) is right. I don't mind if I lose some karmic points on your behalf.

Red Sand said...

As a representative of the building permit world, I'm sending positive thoughts...

walternatives said...

We're in the midst of paperwork/homestudy updates so I'm wondering what kind of shoes you recommend for all the hoop jumpin'...

"M2" said...

Good Luck!!! I hate hoops...