Thursday, October 11, 2007

She's not happy




And my blogging has been severely affected. Long story short, this week had sucked HARD. It has been long and the crappiest of the crap. Won't get into it too much, but the addition to our house is going to have to be scrapped. Without getting into the specifics, the shitter system (AKA septic system, yes we are on septic, why you ask? Because we are up on this hill and the city will not let us tap in to the sewer) in this old, stupid house is a mess to say the least. To redo it or move it will cost half of our budget, and that is the last thing I want to spend my money on right now. So, unless the engineer and the septic contractor can come up with a better cheaper solution, we will just remodel this house and flip it when the market straightens out. Thats all I know right now. I do know that after working with the County and City agencies that I am not the nice person I thought I was. These people brought out a side of me I don't ever want to see again.

I'll leave you on a good note. The boys got their report cards this week and between the two of them they pulled down 13 A's and 3 B's. I am sappy, sloppy mom proud. I wuvs my guys.

9 COMMENTS:

4D said...

Yeesh...sorry about the reno not going as planned.

Yeah to your smary pants little men!

Keep smilin!

Yoli said...

Celebrate with your boys, that's what's important. Don't let the house get you down. There is nothing to be done about it for the time being. You will find a solution that will make you happy, don't worry.

Mamacita said...

Sorry to hear about the scrapping part. That just sucks. Especially after the time you've sunk into it.

Serious kudos to your boys. They are amazing! (And so are their parents because other parents know what motivates kids!)

Diane said...

That sucks that you have to scrap the reno. I know you've put alot of energy dealing with bureaucracy and to have it come to a halt just totally blows.

Cavatica said...

Your boys are awesome! Sorry to hear your meeting a sad side of yourself through the septic system. That does seem like a place you might find your shitself, though. You could be glad of that. ??? Sorry, it isn't working out.

Maia said...

fist: WOW on your boys. Bright kids! You're lucky to have children who care enough to do well in school. That's important.
as for the house: as a first-timer in the house-owning dept, I can relate. (In the past, I have only owned condos, which is all I could afford in Vail...condo dues, but you don't have to sweat the big repairs.) I had no idea how many enormous things could go wrong with a house. So far, we've been blessedly lucky with this house. We got a good 'un. Nothing worse than a spider invasion and a slight water damage problem in Mike's bathroom. But...UGH. The big stuff always comes around someday.
Look at it this way: good, smart kids are WAY more important than a house. So you come out ahead!!

"M2" said...

that's crap

Anne Marie said...

Well starting with the good news -- go boys!!!

As far as the rest -- Oh man, I'm so sorry.

Liene said...

Sorry about the house headache. I'm sure that's gotta be a pain in the a$$. But I've heard of lots of people in CA having problems with city & county councils when it comes to housing renovations and editions.

Hopefully it will get better.