Saturday, October 20, 2007

Ten and Twenty

Well, in all the hub-bub of a busy week I missed our 10 month LIDiversary, Ten months, man. Double digits. Only two days late but still recognized, nonetheless.

I went to my 20 year high school reunion last night. I was not at all excited or really looking forward to it for that matter. The reason I was not that geeked up about it was there has been just too much stuff going on to really think about it and my best friends who I still see and talk to on a regular basis are the only ones I wanted to see anyway, so I was like, 'what's the point'. But all 6 of us BFF's who have known each other since 2nd grade, loaded in my SUV and we all went together (with one of the BFF's mom who was our personal driver so we all could drink and not have to worry about who was going to drive, how cool is Mom??). When we got there we immediately bellied up to the bar for some liquid encouragement. Once we got onto the patio and started talking to old classmates it was like 20 years had never passed. I must say, we all looked pretty good. Like a fine wine we all seemed to get better with age. And for the girl's who weren't that excited about going, she and her posse closed the place down and danced there almost 40 year old tushies off. Of course my camera battery was dead so I didn't get any pictures but when I get some from some of the BFF's I will post them.

9 COMMENTS:

Yoli said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. How sweet it is to have friends since the 2nd grade.

Cavatica said...

Cool.

M and M said...

Congrats on 10 months!!

Anne Marie said...

Congrats on 10. Glad the reunion was better than expected!

Maia said...

Sounds like a blast! Looking forward to pictures. I was never at a single school for more than two years running, so have never been to a reunion. Kind of a bummer.

Maia said...

ps - double digits! wow. time does fly, huh? i think we've only been like 7 months, but i haven't been keeping count.

4D said...

Congrats on 10 done and a good nite out.

Keep smilin!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a great time. I wish I could have said the same about my 20.

Liene said...

Hey Lisa. Dh had his 20 yr reunion 2 yrs ago but we didn't go. My 15 yr is next year and I'm still debating whether to go or not. I wasn't enthused about the venue last time. Loud, noisy bar and I'm so past the partying phase of my life.

Hope you are doing OK in So. Cal. I've been thinking about you with all the fires. I remember when we lived in So. Cal and just smelling the smoke from the fires this time of the year or seeing it in the mountains of LA.