Sunday, December 16, 2007

Catching up

Holidays got you down?
Not me! Bailey....maybe, but then again she always looks that way. Yes, thats my girl chillin' by the Christmas tree. Finally got the tree decorated, it only took 7 days. I broke down the timeline for you.

Day 1: We bought it (smells amazing by the way)
Day 2: Put the lights on
Day 3: Got the boxes of ornaments out of the garage
Day 4: Made date with boys to help me decorate it
Day 5: Force boys to decorate the tree with me, bribe them with S'mores
Day 6: Had to buy new tree skirt because apparently, the cat peed on it last year and it smelled BAD............off to Target
Day 7: Forgot to put the topper on. We have a Santa who looks like Gimley. DONE!
Day 8: Let the good times roll.

I have pretty much all of my shopping done. I did 99% of it online. God, I LOVE the internet. Now comes the bummer part, wrapping all of this crap. We are not the "pick a name out of the hat" type families. We have the family that buy gifts for everyone, and I mean everyone. So this process takes lots of time and TONS of wrapping paper. I finally got my Christmas cards addressed and ready to send out tomorrow. We have two parties left to got to next weekend. I am in need of a hot toddy.


And LOOK who they let into D-land
I met my homegirl Alana there last week. We had a FABULOUS time!! She is exactly how I pictured her. Reed calls her "The 5 foot one ball of fury". But don't let that fool you she is a sweetheart with a heart of gold. Her daughter and hubby are adorable, too! (Hey.......Alana, the tip on how to get rid of double chins in pictures didn't work....UGH)


9 COMMENTS:

Maia said...

Oh, that dog's face is killing me! It's a basset hound? I love them.

We did an outdoor tree this year and it was much quicker - but we also have the sort of gigantor family where we all buy presents for each person, and without a tree to put the gifts under, we ended up piling them on the guest bed...which is now completely invisible under gifts.

Maia said...

ps - you and Alana look like you're having a blast. Is that a "Grumpy" sweatshirt she's wearing? That's awesome.

Christine said...

If you could shop for me - I would do ALL the wrapping!
Glad to see you smiling & your spirits up.

Michele said...

Our family doesn't pick names either but Christmas day is always a lot of fun. I'm not quite doen with my shopping yet but you've given me the incentinve to get my ass in gear and get going.

Alana said...

yuppers! it says GRUMPY, and it is OH so appropriate, because that is what I am most of the time!

Stephanie said...

Lovely tree and pooch! I don't want to hear about all the gifts. We have hanukkah and xmas in our house.

Stephanie said...

Lovely tree and pooch! I don't want to hear about all the gifts. We have hanukkah and xmas in our house.

Yoli said...

I love that dog's face. Can I just cuddle up to him under your tree?

You and Alana are having a great time. I want to joing you guys one day.

Cavatica said...

So cool that you all meet in D-Land!