Saturday, December 22, 2007

My tradition

I started this with the boys when they were like 6 or 7. I would make sugar cutouts and they would decorate them. I wish I had some photos to share of the progression of their decorating technique. These are this years cookies. I made them and had to pin them down in a choke hold to help me decorate them. Being a 13 year old boy and decorating cookies with your mom is just so out of their coolness factor, it's not even funny. So when they finally threw me a bone (hence, the addition to the dog bone cookie cutter this year) and picked up the pastry bags of frosting we all went to town. You can tell which ones I did and which ones they did pretty easily. But at this point I'll take what I can get. Lets see if they will behoove themselves next year.





6 COMMENTS:

Yoli said...

That is so sweet. What a beautiful relationship you have with your boys. Thank you for the lovely card, you all looked so cute.

Maia said...

Oooooooooo....you're making me drool. I want Christmas cookies so bad, but haven't had time to make any this year. :(

wzgirl said...

I love seeing them all splayed out on the table like that. So colorful and fun. What good boys. XO

Alana said...

yumm! cookies! Alas, I have not baked a single batch in years... oh well.. they are beautiful. I love the angel (?) wioth the big glob of blue in the middle.. pesky 13 year old boys..

Michele said...

Yummy! Im hungry now.

"M2" said...

I'm assuming the solid frosting is theirs???