Thursday, December 6, 2007

Uncomfortably numb

I have numbed my self for months regarding our adoption. I try not to think about it or talk about it. Then reality hits. Referrals for 6 days if LID's and I realize how completely Eff-ed we are. We were told 2 years was our worst case scenario. My worst case scenario is my biggest hope right now, knowing full well that it is going to be four years before we see our referral. This is wrong. This is not what we signed on for. Like Secret Agent, we signed on with the China Program because out of all the programs China was the most stable and supposedly the greatest need for parents of baby girls who were abandoned because they were born female. We were wrong. China has 30,000 couples and singles waiting patiently (and now not so patiently) waiting to see a refferal. We considered changing programs. I had the application filled out and the check written but not sent. The agency we planned on using was suddenly under major scrutiny so we decide to sit back and watch the drama play out before we did anything. Finding another agency, would mean more research and longer wait times because lots of people are fed up with China and bailing out and switching to other programs, plus the thought of paperchasing again makes me queasy. So here we sit in the China line with 30,000 other waiting parents. Again, this is not what I signed on for. When we signed with our agency we were told to prepare for a 12 month wait. The day we got our LID, our coordinator told us expect the wait to grow and a worst case scenario would be two years. Well, we all know the bullshit in that statement very well. On the 18th of this month we will be logged in a year, we have 322 LID's ahead of us, I'm not going to crunch numbers for you, we all know the math. What I want to know is why these agencies walk on eggshells around the CCA@. They ask questions, but very passive type questions and get even less passive answers. I want real answers, damn it. This is my life, my future and I know nothing. They send us updates. Their updates are the same thing every time: "We know the wait is hard" and "Let us know if there is anything we can do". Yeah, there is something you can do ADVOCATE FOR US. We have already paid our agency for services rendered, we have paid our fees to the CCA@. We now have to renew paperwork and pay more fees. It's like writing checks and sending them into the abyss. This sucks ass.

12 COMMENTS:

Stephanie said...

I agree. It does suck. Had we not done the Ethiopia adoption, I would be a raving biotch right about now.

If you're ever interested in information about our ET adoption, just let me know. Not to try to sway you or anything but we waited 3 months and 4 days for our referral.

Oh and here's a cheesy cyber hug for you!

waitingformaddie said...

I hear you. I am not numb, but angry. I walk around in a bad mood day in and out.

God forbid if someone asks me about the adoption.

No wonder my hair is falling out! I will not have to worry about maddie pulling it out, I will be long bald before we get there.

Yoli said...

I am sorry Lisa, I cannot even imagine your pain. Just know that I feel for you and if you wish to discuss SN with me, if that is something you even want to consider, I am here for you.

Yoli

"M" said...

Yup, I could have written this one, as I feel and experience the same. Even down to the application, check writing and watching another country part. This all sucks! I can not think of another time in my life that I felt more stuck. I'm glad we at least all have each other. Take care!

Mamacita said...

My new theory = China doesn't care about the orphans, they have a hidden agenda, which means they care even less about adoptive parents. Even if the agencies weren't walking on eggshells, I still don't think they'd get any more satisfactory answers.

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Excellent post! I am right there with ya’! I feel like I have been backed into a corner and have nowhere to turn.

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

D&LDesigns said...

I know exactly how you're feeling.It would be nice to have some real answers for a change. It really sucks!

Anonymous said...

It is just lovely, isn't it? I trust no one in the process.

"M2" said...

today I go for biometrics
again
for no purpose
nothing except the 200 mile drive to get there
complete bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowflowers Mum said...

yep..it's bull to the nth degree.

There are millions of orphans in China, MILLIONS. This is not a supply and demand issue, this is about CHILDREN NEEDING FAMILIES...they have so many abandoned children and yet they let them languish in orphanages without the love of parents and a home of their own. It is a crime to see so many children wait while the government strolls it's way through the dossier back log.

ITS POLITICAL!

China is ruthless, it's past has been barbaric, why would they care about abandoned children???

If China can't find homes for these children in China, then they need to open up the IA floodgates a wee bit more. Seriously, it's about fonding homes for these children....what kind of home is an orphanage???

Hayley
mad for your wait
mad that they will make us wait 5 months to bring our special needs girl home to get better care.

Julie said...

I completely agree. This is our second adoption and the wait sucks completely. My daughter needs to be a big sister before she goes to college and she is only 3! I'm tired of waiting for the CCA@ to get its act together and get us our babies.

Diane said...

I'm sorry. I spent alot of time being furious about China and then convinced my husband to do Ethiopia while we waited. Now, I try not to think about China at all. When someone asks me about it, I get irritated because I don't want to talk about it because I feel so damn duped.