Saturday, December 29, 2007

You are the wind beneath my wings


That is such a sappy/crappy song, but put it to the movie Beaches, the scene where Hillary Whitney dies at the beach with CC Bloom and I am a bloody crying mess. I just got finished watching that movie. I have seen it probably 50 times and I CRY EVERY TIME. I will cry in the same parts in Steel Magnolias (when Shelby dies and Sally Fields' character goes apeshit at the funeral and says her hair DOES look like a brown football helmet. In Terms of Endearment I cry when the Debra Wingers children say goodbye to her, because they know she is dying. Why do I do this to myself?

I don't even think any wind could lift my fat ass off up the ground, however. Damn, I was doing so good with eating and exersize. Enter Thanksgiving and that just opened the floodgates for a gorp fest of holiday eating. Ughk, I can feel the expansion in my mid section as well as my bottom section and it is settling in one of my chins. To make matters worse we leave tomorrow for a cruise.

Yeah, a cruise. My parents are taking me, the hub and the boys on a cruise for my birthday. A virtual food explosion. I have been on one cruise before when I was 16. I thought it was OK. I think I was bored, I was 16, locked on a ship with my parents and my sister. My sister was 18 and she could drink. I couldn't. She would drink these giant mai tai's in a coconut. Everyone on the ship seemed like they were aged 75 and above and there were no cute boys. But then again I was 16 and everything was 'lame' or 'stupid'. Fast forward 22 years and I am sailing for the second time. This time I can drink, YAY. This time I have a real appreciation for older people. Hell, I think they are much cooler than most people my age. This time I am going to have to listen to to 13 year olds say things are 'lame' or 'stupid'. Paybacks are a bitch. It's going to be alot of fun we have lots of cool stuff planned while we are in port. I just am not looking forward to turning a year older. 3. 9. Thats how old I will be on Monday. I feel 25 so I am just going to stick with that. Yeah I am 25. Thats better.

2007 is drawing to a close. Honestly I am happy to see it go. I hope for alot of action in the new year. Progress with the adoption (a girl can hope, yeah?) and hopefully we can put the fight with the county behind us and get this house project finished (again, a girl can hope, yeah?). To all of you.....I hope 2008 brings you a glimpse of your childs beautiful face and for all of us that continue to wait, we get this flipping show on the road.

Happy New Year and keep on rocking in the free world.

9 COMMENTS:

Mamacita said...

I cry at all those movies too. Its cathartic. I will not be sad to see 2007 go, however. You can eat anything you like on the cruise as long as you find the treadmill section every day. No problem! Have a great trip! What a fun way to bring in a new year! And happy birthday! You look hot for a 39 year old!

D & S said...

I'm for kicking 2007 to the curb too. Have a great time on the cruise, we went on an amazing one almost three years ago, it was a blast.

Happy 2008!

Alana said...

Lisa..the more I get to know you the more I realize I want to live next door to you and just be your buddy every day.
Those movies kill me too..in fact my sister revels in getting me to cry just by talking about in Steel Magnolias when Sally goes to Aunt Ferns to get her grandbaby after Shelby dies.. all I have to do is think about that scene and I lose it. And Mom is always telling me I am the Shirley McLaine character.
I cant wait for 2007 to be gone and done either. Like Christie said on her blog, I hope I can make an attempt to be a more positive person..but I'm not holding my breath!
Have a fabulous time on your cruise, and have a giant drink in a coconut for me! I wish I could come too..and show Reed what drunk REALLY looks like!

Maia said...

Ring in the new year with a rousing game of shuffleboard, and a few dozen banana daquiris with the old coots! Who-hoooo!

39?????? You're but a babe in arms, my dear. 39 is the perfect age. You can still act 25, but the good part is that you never have to BE 25 again. The best decade is still ahead of you. OX

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Enjoy your cruise and have a happy “25th” birthday!

Bye, bye 2007! Best wishes to you for a great 2008!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Christine said...

A cruise how fun! I was with ya on the exercise & feeling healthy & stuff before thanksgiving too... Now I need to reset-get a plan going- stop going to gourmet neighborhood happy hours...
I don't watch those movies. Yes- I saw them once. Cried alot but I like to bother myself with other things - say like checking on the latest China adoption forecast- those are so "uplifting"...

Anonymous said...

I love that movie. That and "Terms of Endearment" are the best.

Have fun on the cruise.

And come play with me!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Lisa! Sorry I am so late, and you are already on your cruise -- I hope you are having a wonderful time, and that the 13-year-olds aren't bitching and moaning too much.

insanemommy said...

We like all the same movies! And I cry like a baby on all of them too. You'd think someone turned on the sprinkler.