Thursday, January 10, 2008

Look what they did to my boy!

BEFORE



So I took Hank to the groomer yesterday for a bath and a haircut. It was a new groomer close in proximity to home and work, and lets face it I liked the name, Dippity Dog. I admitted to the groomer lady that we have been pretty busy lately and have not been the best about brushing him, so his fur had gotten a little nappy in the back so she may need to cut some of his leg dreads off. She said she would give him a detangler treatment and cut out what she needed to make him look back to normal. I said JUST DON'T SHAVE HIM. She said she wouldn't. Mark picks him up, brings him home and he looks like this:


AFTER



She frikking SHAVED HIM. Stupid Dippity Dog, even though the name is cute, they made my dog look like a hobo dog. Poor little dude he was cold last night, he had to get under the covers with me. Now I am not a frou frou doggie outfit put-er on-er, but my man was COLD! So I had to take him to the pet store today and buy him a sweater. They didn't have much of a selection of bad ass doggie wear, so this is the best I could come up with. It's cute despite the furry hoodie part. I'm only going to make him wear it at night until some of his fur grows back.


11 COMMENTS:

M and M said...

He looks sad after the shaving...

Cari said...

Sad...but really freakin' cute. Nice sweater!

cari

walternatives said...

I almost spit out my water - that is a RIOT! I'm sorry to be laughing, but holy shit, he was scalped! Poor dude.

Mamacita said...

Awwww, he looks so cute either way, but like a totally different dog. And I don't know if its the shot, but he looks kind of shocked. Poor boy!

4D said...

Poor puppy! He is still a cutie with or without fur.

Dippity dip shits.

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

He is very cute without fur too but I get the being cold part without your layers to protect you. Poor pooch!

Maia said...

Ohmygoodness! I would have never guessed that's the dog that was under that fur. Poor thing. He must be terribly embarrassed. Does he blush?

"M2" said...

poor baby.......
somewhere Jen has a picture of the same issue with a groomer
but they absolutely mutilated her cute dog.
too funny

Michele said...

Poor fur baby. I feel so sad for him. Here's hoping that his warm coat grows back really fast.

And give a load os shit to that grromer for putting him through so much trama.

Ava's family said...

Poor little guy! I'm always scared that when I take my toy poodle in that I will accidently ask for the "poodle cut" instead of the "puppy cut". I'd freak if she actually came out looking like a poodle!

insanemommy said...

I love your new look! Wait, that's the same dog?!? No way!