Monday, February 4, 2008

Panic at the disco


I would have posted this a while ago but I had to change my knickers before I did any thing. Since my accountant is coming tomorrow to do all of our year end tax stuff, I was the organized little bee and reconciled all of my accounts, did massive data entry into Quickb00ks, did some old accounts receivable and what not. Since today is usually my day of f I was proud of myself that I hauled my booty to work in the first place. Since I was on a roll I decided since I had my upgrade to install the 2008 version of QB. I slapped it in and let it go to town while I walked to the market for a green tea. Since I have installed more upgrades than I can count I pushed the buttons that needed to be pushed. Long story short, when I went to pull up my companies in the new version THEY WERE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. I looked here, nope. I looked there, nope. I sat there and stared at the screen. No company files anywhere. 7 years of accounting in computer limbo, where the hell could they have gone. The genius I am, did not back up before the upgrade. I know, I know, IDIOT (Did I not learn from Carrie Bradshaw when her Mac blew up and she didn't have a back up? See, and you thought Sex @nd the City was not informational). I went through the box and found the instructions for install. Screw the instructions I went straight to the big guns, the QB call center in the Philippines. My girl Sheila, calmed me down, said it would be ok and we went to town searching every file in my computer. After about an hour we found it. There it was like a shiny star bigger than Dallas, my companies files. I seriously thought I was going to stroke out, but Sheila saved me. All is well in QBLand. Now on to taxes........YUCK.

3 COMMENTS:

walternatives said...

Thank you, Sheila. We're happy that L didn't have to be institutionalized....

Mamacita said...

That actually makes me feel better for the TON of money I shell out every year for Intuit products. Nice to know you can actally get some human (and intelligent) help if you need it.

After that, did you walk down to the market for sumpin' a little stronger?

insanemommy said...

I just read your "about me" and fell in love with you!!! I too do not believe Jesus would've been a republican anymore than Mother Therese'. They were all about helping those less fortunate. I tip my hat to you my friend.