Friday, August 8, 2008

Bittersweet Olympics


I am watching the opening ceremonies and I am in awe. It is an amazing display of the Chinese culture and tradition. Truly AMAZING. I am, however, watching with a big lump in my throat. When we were logged in our agency predicted we would be traveling right around Olympic time (they told us to expect an 18 month wait at most). I remember being panicked because airfares would be sky high and we would most likely have to miss touring Beijing because of the hullabaloo surrounding the games. Well, here I am sitting here watching the opening ceremonies with my best bud, Hank (my dog), not traveling, not getting prepared to travel, not even close to looking at a picture of our daughter. I sit here with my dog, wondering what our future holds. Will I ever see her?

Two days were referred this month. Hence the lump.
Damn, this is hard.

9 COMMENTS:

tracy said...

i'm so sorry... i hate this for you guys and all the other asshats in waiting. 'hang in there' doesn't seem fitting. hugs girl.

Yoli said...

I am sorry. There is really nothing else I can say.

Anonymous said...

But at least you didnt get stabbed there.

kitchu said...

I'm sorry about your lump. Those are some of the hardest lumps to bear.

walternatives said...

Hard is an understatement, but I know what you mean...

Mamacita said...

I'm sorry too. I know how you feel. Let's just pray it all goes well and that those Fruitloops who predicted a speed up after the olympics were actually right!!!!

t~ said...

Gee, don't I know. We thought we would be home long before the Olympics. I was so happy that our LID would not interfere with the whole Olympic thing. Sucker I was.....

Now I watch with my dog as well.

Also, totally love the whole HGTV thing you got going on at the homestead. Love it. It's so beautiful and I love the paint color. Very cozy!

Jill said...

I don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry. If we hadn't accepted the referral of a SN child, we would still be waiting too. (LID 10/11/2006) I am actually guessing we would have withdrawn, so kudos to you for hanging in there. Thoughts and prayers to you....

Anonymous said...

I'm lumpy too.