Thursday, August 7, 2008

Switched On

It doesn't take much to turn me on lately. LOOK at my new switches and outlets!!! A Dimmer! Can you flippin' BELIEVE IT?



So here is the progress so far

Insulation

More insulation and where I eat my dinner

Look, even Bailey is sick of construction. Okay, she always looks like that, but still.

Drywall (that corner was my old kitchen, or the cooking closet)

Yay, more drywall

A refrigerator always looks nice in the middle of the room, but it has DRYWALL!

Fireplace drywalled

Are you sick of drywall yet? I'm not.

With paint and electrical done

See all of those boxes? Those are my cabinets. Whose bright idea was it to get them at Ike@?

It was my bright idea. Homegirl wanted to save a buck. Now Homegirl wants to save her marriage (Homeboy is not all stoked on having to putting them together). I kid. Sorta.

The joys of demo. I am getting used to the look of stucco shrapnel and busted up lawn furniture in my ghetto yard with dead grass. We have had two 40 yard dumpsters so far and another one comes next week. Nice.

Do you have any idea what it's like to eat micro'd lasagna from Co$tco for the 8th week in a row? It's not pretty. I found a website for 'no kitchen cooking'. Who knew you could make gumbo in a rice cooker. Too bad it tastes like ass.

4 COMMENTS:

Mamacita said...

Awesome! I like the color of paint you chose!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great renovation. Sorry the food sucked.

wzgirl said...

Thank you *so much* for getting my to laugh out loud this morning! (Too bad it tastes like ass - hahaha!) Your kitch looks amazing. Does the ceiling sort of slant up? Sweet. And, I think that everyone in Cali's lawn looks like that with this godawful drought.

Good luck & Keep the pics coming! If you guys lived nearby, I'd totally invite you over for dinner in our remodeled kitchen - I know your pain. They got to know us by name at our local diner.

tracy said...

it's looking good! all the pain and box lasagna will be worth it in the end!