Sunday, May 4, 2008

3 Words


This is what I spent a better part of my looking at. My ceiling. Why was I staring at my ceiling all weekend? Because I had a brilliant idea to save some coinage and scrape that sh!t off myself. Bad move. I ended up, cursing the stupid mofo who thought it was a good idea to spray the ugliest, most toxic stuff on ceilings in the 1960's (lucky us our builder was on the cutting edge because our house was built in 1959). The best part of my project was realizing that the previous owner thought it would be a good idea to paint over it. This is what I got accomplished in 5 hours, about half of the room. Tell me again why we wanted an old house?


And now some weekend warrior randomness:

  • Peanut butter and jelly can be breakfast, lunch AND dinner. WHO knew?
  • A skateboard can be used to move a refrigerator
  • You can come to blows with your husband over where to put an outlet
  • I am apparently the worlds worst parent because I made a 13 (almost 14 year old) miss a sleepover because I needed his help this weekend (all while being given ample notice the beginning of the week)
  • Tile looks better when someone else does it
  • 10 trips to L0wes isn't all THAT bad

10 COMMENTS:

Pug Mama said...

that pop corn shit on ceilings really sucks - a pain to remove.
I heard they call child pr0tecti0n services for moms who make their kids help out instead of party.....

kitchu said...

Hmph. That explains why I've never laid tile.

Sorry about the 5 hours of manual labor. Those ceilings are the worst.

walternatives said...

Before we started scraping the popcorn off (on of) our ceilings, we had it tested for asbestos (in three seperate places). It was negative but our house is older than yours. Please be careful.

Liene said...

Well you might be the worst parent but at least your 4 yo son didn't call you a cow because he didn't want to do what you told him to. We're having lots of issues with mouthiness. GRRRRRR!

Mamacita said...

There was a time in my life about 10 years ago where the words "Home Depot" or "Lowe's" would strike a rabid hot fever into my soul. Pssst. Manual labor is over-rated.

Kayce said...

Oh this so reminds me of my house. Hang in there!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I hate to say it but I am glad it isn't me scraping that crap off... take care and have fun...

Yoli said...

God how I hate popcorn ceilings. I had to deal with it in our children's room and it was such a nuisance.

I agree P&J sandwitches are the complete meal. Yes, husbands and wives can rage over outlets.

Please make it up to the boy. Making him miss a sleep over...not nice.

D & S said...

Sometimes home renos are such a nightmare. I hope it starts to come off easier soon.

insanemommy said...

I hate that popcorn stuff!! Ugh. Poor you. It's a bitch to clean up. I have the utmost respect for anyone that can take an older/fixer up and transform it into Sleeping Beauty! We could never do that as we would kill one another. Neither one of us are handy.