Tuesday, June 3, 2008

One Eyed Jack Shih-T(zu)

It's foxtail season again. This time instead of getting one up his nose, Hank was lucky enough to get one in his eye. My poor little guy. On Saturday night Mark (I was out of town at my nieces graduation) noticed him acting funny and was walking wonky so he checked him out and noticed that he had a goopy eye. He cleaned the eye up he seemed fine. The next morning his eye was all goopy again and uber irritated. He called our vet, but of course it was Sunday and they were closed. I took him to the vet first thing on Monday morning. Dr. L looked at the eye and said there was a foxtail lodged in it. My brave little boy had to have the foxtail removed and sutures to repair his scratched cornea, there was also a pretty serious infection as well. Who knows how long it was trapped in there. Anyway, he had his surgery yesterday and I was able to pick him up today.



On the way to the vet. His right eye is completly swollen shut


Ole' One Eye


His 'sheild' (to protect his eye) and The Cone


"Mom, foxtails suck"

11 COMMENTS:

D & S said...

Poor little guy. It's terrible when our pets are sick.

4D said...

Poor buddy! I hope he has no permanent damage. He is so adorable.

Keep smilin!

Mamacita said...

Poor boy. I can tell he loves you (or whoever the photographer was) from that last picture!

"M2" said...

ok.........he is banned to the house
grounded from romping

this is the second issue

time to get tough.

Anonymous said...

Poor puppy. He looks happy despite.

Kayce said...

Poor guy! I love how he is still smiling away.

Anonymous said...

I'll bite, what is a foxtail? A bug?

wzgirl said...

Bless his wee heart. That must have hurt like a mf'er! The corneal abrasions are a killer!

Maia said...

oooooooooooohhhh!! Poor puppy. My Sam got a scratch on his cornea the summer after I got him, while hiking up in Vail. It was small enough not to need sutures, but I had to put green medicine in it twice a day which leaked through his sinuses, and made him very nauseous. He looked so miserable!

ragonzales said...

I really do have a one eyed Jack-Shih. His name is Quasi,lol. He's the cutest little thing =)

insanemommy said...

Was it really a foxtail?! If so how the heck did he get it in his eye?? Poor little guy!