Sunday, July 6, 2008

3 words and some bullet action


  • Anyone who knows me knows I have discovered this fine snack called Uncru$tables. It happened out of sheer desperation due to the fact that I have not had a kitchen for the last month. I was forced to dive into the frozen section at the market to scour the aisles for quality frozen nuked food to feed my family. I stumbled across the Uncru$tables one day. I started out with the peanut butter and grape jelly ones. Okay, YUM! Not being a huge fan of white bread, I kept searching for another option. Until I hit the motherlode. Uncru$tables with peanut butter and HONEY (well, honey "spread". You can't have it all) on wheat bread. They are delicious. Off to call 1-8oo-Jenny.
  • Speaking of house. Tuesday. Or heads are going to roll. Thats all I'm going to say about that.
  • Why when you get a pedicure the lady doing your toes refuses to actually cut the nail as opposed to just filing it? I had a pedicure a few weeks ago and I am not kidding my toenails are like talons. I am going to have to bust out the belt sander for this job. Sorry foot phobs.
  • Did you read that since the economy is going down the shitter, that it is actually "In" to be a tightwad? Good, because I'm way "In". I cut back my driving BIG TIME. I leave the house and I go in a circle, if something is not on my circle, it's not getting done. I find myself staying at work later, because if the boys need a ride home I swoop in, like a bald eagle. I'm on on my perch waiting. Since we eat out alot due to the ghost kitchen, I have gotten good at early bird specials. We can eat at the Irish Pub down the street for $40 for the four of us if we eat between 4-7pm and order water. We are talking flat iron steak, people. Old people are on to something.....
  • I can't believe how hard I am on my laptop. It is just about 2 years old and the hinge from the monitor to the keyboard is broken completley, if you make a false move it will come crashing down. The enter key and the home key have fallen off. Poor thing looks so ghetto. I kind of dig it's worn in look, though. Good thing because I need to squeeze a few more years out of it.
  • We gave our 4th of July plans to go on a trek to some friends house for a 4th/Housewarming party the flick and instead did mounds of yardwork (construction mess) and garage organizing. We felt naughty for canceling but it seems we have not spent a weekend at home with no plans at all in ages. It has been wonderful. We went to two movies (2 for 1, *ok, really we snuck into the second one, SHHHH don't tell*) and I watched two movies on pay per view. I slept in until almost 8 am each day. I feel I got alot of things accomplished this 3 day weekend.
  • If you have HB0, check out this documentary Ganja Queen. It just saw it and it is still with me. I never heard about his in the news (I guess that would mean I would have to actually WATCH the news) and I have no idea if she did it or not, but just see it if you have the chance. I will forever lock my suitcase or board bag from now on. Comment if you have seen it.
  • I can't believe we are over half way through the year. Damn.
  • Rumor has it, 3 days were referred. January 25th. Triple damn with a side of FUCK.

6 COMMENTS:

Pug Mama said...

your last bullet made me spit my drink out.
How immature is it of me to actually admit that whenever anyone writes 'fuck' on their blog I cheer?!

Maia said...

There is a lot to be said for a weekend spent at home with the family.

We tried to sneak into a movie the other night and got CAUGHT. ACtually we weren't even trying to get into a second one, we were just early and wanted to kill time watching ten minutes of another show. Is there anything more humiliating than having a pimply teenager kick you out of a movie and make you stand behind the ropes in the lobby? I didn't know whether to laugh or slap the kid.

Anonymous said...

Love those things. I like microwaving them for 20 seconds and having hot peanut butter. Now they just need chocolate covered ones. They are in bulk at the bulk stores :)

Liene said...

I ditto Tracy and her thoughts. This bites bigger than a Doberman.

So get you on the driving part. We're cheap too and I do all my errands one day and stay in the other 6 (well, except for church).

We love Uncrustables in this house. Never tried the PB & Honey though. Might have to now that you're raving about them.

Sorry I haven't stopped by in awhile. Too busy with other stuff and forgetful.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Mike is so into the Uncrustable things... I tell him I will make them, freeze them but it just isn't the same... we can say 'fuck' on your site... whoops... I feel so bad... had to laugh about sneaking into the cinema... I might try that one next time... slowly walk past the door and when no one is looking slip in the doorway and drag the hubby in to... not tell him what we are doing... hehehe... oh I feel rebellious now... haha

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh was that last bullet funny....I have to agree with you 100%

I will go with triple fuck and a side of shit....the side is for those people who are always telling us it is going to speed up....complete and utter BS!

Thanks for visiting our blog!!

Lisa