Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Me and my Homies

My newest obsession of late has been paddle surfing. My Homeboy has been doing this for years, but one day he bribed me with drinks at the J0lly R0ger if I tried it. Martini? I'm in. So we grabbed the boards and headed off. I'm glad I did. I LOVE IT. There is nothing more calming than gliding across the water with the sun on your back and the beauty of the ocean to look at. We took the boys and the dog for a family day over the weekend, The boys like it, a little boring and not as much action for them, but they threw us oldies a bone and paddle boarded too. Here are a few photos of the day:

My Homeboy and I out for a cruise



Twin #1. The kid could stand up on a 2x4, he has THAT much balance

Twin #2. Heading off into the harbor mouth to catch some waves

Even Hank gets in on the action. He LOVES paddle boarding

10 COMMENTS:

Yoli said...

Oh Lisa what fun! I love it. I wish I could try it! It is just too hot out there for me. I love that the little dog is on there with you.

Snowflowers Mum said...

that is so cool. I am so jealous that you live by the ocean

Mamacita said...

If I come to you, will you teach me? Do you stay in the harbor?

Nice legs, by the way!

t~ said...

Freaking cool! Never thought of that one! Bribe me with a martini and I'm in as well, hell, I'm much cheaper than that. I'd settle for a beer.

Pug Mama said...

Loooooove that Hank got in on the action also!

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. I think I could do that a whole lot better than I can surf anymore

Liene said...

Looks like fun but I know that I would fall off. My sense of balance is horrible. That's why I never learned to water ski. After smacking my face into the water about a dozen times and having a horrible headache in the end, I gave up.

kitchu said...

go hank!!

Cavatica said...

Cool beans. I'd be swimming in a second, lucky if I didn't crack my head open. Looks like fun, though!

Maia said...

That actually looks like fun! and I love Hank.