Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer lovin'

Been busy. Not much time or desire to blog. I'll rock it bullet style.

  • I had my cooktop plumbed for a pot filler (this). So I go out to pick out the fixture only to find out that they cost over $1000 for that little ba$tard. Talk about sticker shock. I walk out of the kitchen and bath showroom hanging my head in defeat when I thought about checking out the internet. Well, wouldn't you know it I found a major manufacturer clearinghouse of plumbing fixtures and got a smokin' and I mean SMOKIN' deal on it. Damn, I love the power of the internet.
  • I find it funny that our employee, who is a drummer in a punk band and has neck tats, dials the XM R@dio to the classical station.
  • Having teenagers is hard, even the good ones. When do you let out the slack? When do you reel it in? It's hard to get the right balance.
  • The economy is tanking, I am afraid.
  • I am tired of tourists with their rental cars driving 20 miles an hour on the coastal route, pointing out waves to Aunt Gladys. Pull over and look at the beautiful ocean, you will appreciate it more, trust me. Oh, and the next time one of them leaves a hibachi grill in the road while getting the rest of their gear out of the car is going to be going hungry because I am going to run it over on purpose, no more swerving.

2 COMMENTS:

t~ said...

Sweetheart, the economy already tanked. I guess the upside is that if you've just now come to the conclusion, then you are half way through the misery.

I've always been a glass is half full kind a girl. You can thank me later. ;0)

Yoli said...

I live in a resort town, I know exactly what you are talking about. Aside from honking loudly I also go AROUND them, which oddly shocks them. Morons.