Thursday, July 3, 2008

Screaming Mimi


*****WARNING*****
Bitch and rant ahead

My homeboy and I say this to each other too often "If we didn't have bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all". I don't know if it is so much bad luck or bad mojo or bad timing. What ever it is IT SUCKS ASS. So I sit here waiting. I have become really good at waiting. I'm not even going to touch on the adoption waiting, that gives the vapors, so we will not EVEN go there. I waited almost a year and a half of waiting to get through the bullshit with the county. We finally threw in the towel with them and surrendered, modified our plans for the house to suit them as opposed to them suiting us. So we started construction, right? We get assholes to elbows deep in demo and the first crew decides that working is for losers, so they decide to not show up for three days. I call our GC and he has another crew put on the job, this crew is great however they are spread between 3 different jobsites. They can show up when they can which means one measly day this week. I try to be Ms. Gotitogethercalmhomeowner but the minute I get on the phone with my GC telling him that the crew that was supposed to be here two hours ago has not showed up, I morph into a ball busting hell cat. I hate that side of me but, damn it all to hell if I don't those dudes that showed up the ONE DAY this week wouldn't have shown up at all. I have been PROMISED that on Tuesday my crew will be here on the bright and prepared to work DAILY until our job is finished. PROMISED.

So, as I sit here writing this I am waiting. Waiting for the washing machine repairman. On Monday, in the midst of getting the 12 loads of vacation laundry done my washing machine decides to take a dump on me. Pull knob, no workey. He first came on Tuesday to look at it, but as luck (HA HA) would have it the part he needed was not on his truck. So we had to schedule an appointment for today between 10-12. Guess what, it's 12:50 and he is not here. The office said he is "on his way", codeword for "he's throwing down a Subway $5 footlong, a Budwei$er and will be there after he drops the kids off at the pool".

Aye Dios Mio.

1 COMMENTS:

Jill said...

We JUST went through the same thing!! I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Hang in there....good vibes comin' your way!!!!