Tuesday, July 10, 2007

He's going to kill me but here it goes....

Cute, sweet boy from the previous post is really into classic rock and he plays many instruments such as guitar, bass, drums and trombone. Not only is he into instruments, he is into rock fashion and is inspired by his idols, Jimi, Kurt, Jim Morrison Jimmy Page (never noticed the "Jim" connection before, hmmm...weird). So he like to shop at thrift store and vintage clothing stores for stuff. He has been nagging me to take him to the thrift store to buy a red flannel shirt ("BUT it's summer!" God, I sound like a mom). I finally find some time yesterday to take him. We head to the DAV and he is in heaven, pursuing through the mountains of clothes. I head to another section and meet up with him a bit later. To his dismay he has only found one red flannel shirt and is holding on to it for dear life. The shirt is perfect a little faded the right red plaid and it is a little big but, no biggie. I ask him to show me the shirt and he holds it up to let me inspect. He goes "I think it might be a girls shirt, but that's OK". Upon further inspection I see the tag says "Motherhood". "Ummmm.....Honey, this shirt is a shirt for nursing mothers, see it has the flaps that unbutton so they can breastfeed the baby" The boy is still in love with the shirt. "It's all right I can put some pins on it and take of the flaps and you can sew it", he says. The kid is resourceful, I gotta give him that.

*This is not the shirt he found, but one I googled so you could get the idea. He ended up finding a green and black plaid shirt that he liked better (Don't think I wasn't scouring the isles to find that damn green and black one)

6 COMMENTS:

wzgirl said...

That is the BEST story I've heard all damn day.

Anonymous said...

I could live at Buffalo exchange!

walternatives said...

Very, very funny. Nice to hear that he's a fan of thrifting, too.

Alana said...

cool. I never nursed, but I think I wanna nursing shirt. It will make it so much easier to flash my boobies at bands.

kitchu said...

I second buttercup, best damn story of the whole freaking day.

Anne Marie said...

I third it -- best damn story of the week. I love your kids.