Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Secret


No, not the book that crazy chick wrote, but MY secret. Ever since we moved into this house I have intended on gutting the existing kitchen and starting anew (rant being averted). The way it is set up now it is none other than a cooking closet. It offers no counter space, a stupid cooktop, and an oven the size of a breadbox. I used to love to cook in my previous house because right before we sold it, w re-did the kitchen and bought all new top 'o the line appliances. Cooking was a breeze, UNTIL we moved here. So, since I hate to cook in my current kitchen and I have two boys who eat like they have a tapeworm. They constantly are asking "Whats for dinner", before I found The Secret I would always say "I don't know". But it all changed after I discovered a place called Dinner Studio This is a meal preparation kitchen that I discovered. They supply all of the ingredients to make as many meals as you need, supply all the recipes and the best part is they CLEAN UP! I made 12 meals in under two hours today. I have been doing this for over a year now and I love it. I recommend that if you have one of these type kitchens in your area you give it a try. They also have a personal chef service for people that are busier than me, they will prepare the meals and have it ready for you to pick up. Tonight we are having Beef Wellington! It's brazilliant and it's The Secret.

6 COMMENTS:

wzgirl said...

Do you ever watch Hell's Kitchen? Chef Ramsay always is bitching about the chef's overcooking the Beef Wellingtons. I hope that yours is amazing!

I've heard of these meal prep places but never tried. I think that it is a very cool idea!!!

Anne Marie said...

I have heard of such places...now if only I liked to cook...

Alana said...

we have one of those here somewhere..
we did the same thing 16k custom kitchen then sold the house a year later. New kitchen is not as bad as yours..but not as purty as the old/new one. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I like that idea. I would love to have someone cook for me always. That would be my ideal.

Cavatica said...

I love the idea of these things. We have something like this near us.

"M2" said...

we've got a few near us too...they look fun