Thursday, July 5, 2007

My sweet boy


We are driving to the movies today and out of the blue Conner says "Hey Mom, when Tigerlily comes and I'm like 16 and I have a summer job at say a guitar store or a bank or something and you have to work, will I have too take her to work with me, because I'll make sure I tell my boss that I have a little sister and I might need to take her to my job if my mom has to go to work". I reply, "Thanks for the offer, buddy but I think we will have child care covered so you won't have to take her to your summer job". How SWEET was that????

You have no idea what that meant to me. The boys are 13 and the world revolves around them at this age. Their main concerns this summer is their friends and food (as most 13 years olds concerns are). So, to hear him talking about his little sister lets me know that they are thinking about her too.

8 COMMENTS:

"M" said...

That's just too cute! Except for the part that he's 13 and thinks he won't have his sister until he's 16. That's just plain painful.

Unknown said...

that would have made me feel good as well..too sweet

wzgirl said...

What a peach, your son. I'll bet it surprises you (& other families) from time to time when you hear how much your kiddos are thinking about their siblings to be. I read an article recently that one kids teacher actually called home to see if the family adoption was "real" vs. a fantasy b/c it was taking so looong and the kid insisted that it was happening.

Sheesh!

walternatives said...

He's already in the Big Brother role, isn't he? Every girl should have big brothers like that.
Tell the trio I said Hello, please. Is Arnold hanging in there?

Anonymous said...

Awesome big brother waiting!

Anne Marie said...

Oh man, that made me seriously tear up. That is just thoughtful and loving beyond words.

"M2" said...

I ditto what M said.
What a good boy... you done somethin right

Alana said...

what great boys! I am glad to know that even a 13+ year difference and they are still into having a sister. Liz will be at least 8 years older than her sister, and I worry that they wont have a good bond because of it. Your boys have given me hope.