Wednesday, July 18, 2007

July High Five

I the skipped June High Five because frankly, I hated June. June had nothing to offer me and I could not find anything about June that made me want to High Five it. Call it a funk, call it June gloom. I call it over. So here we go with July.




Gourmet Sea Salts

You gotta try this salt. I am obsessed with different salts like the Hawaiian Black and Red Sea Salt and Fluer De Sel from France. Fleur de Sel is really really good on steak and chicken. The Hawaiian sea salts are good with pretty much anything you would put regular salt on. I get mine at Trader Joe's, but they sell them at any specialty grocery. I got the Fleur de Sel in France, but you can get it at Sur Le Table or Williams Sonoma






Linda

I need to hug it out with my girl Linda, she is my cleaning lady and I need to say that she makes the BEST PAD THAI. She is originally from Thailand and cooks amazing. I really think she needs to open a restaurant. Plus she puts up with our family.




Rosebud Salve

I have read about this stuff in the glam mags and thought it was just hype. So one day I was in Sephora and they had it in the $5 bin so I decided to buy some. This stuff is great. I put some on my elbows, and cuticles. One day I used it on my legs after shaving and they were like buttah. It has a light rose smell. I am usually not a fan of rose scents, but this is really lght and smells good.






EN-V

This is my new phone. It is an En-V. I dig it. The keyboard really comes in handy and the camera takes really good pictures for being a camera phone.








My Hood


I really love where I live. I don't however, like the horrid amount of traffic, the houses that are built on top of each other and the summer tourists. The thing I really like about where I live is that you can walk down to the end of the pier and get a root beer float.

8 COMMENTS:

walternatives said...

I, too, love Fleur de Sel, and also stock up when I go to France. Have you ever had the caramels made with it? It sounds harsh, but the salty/sweet combo is divine.

aimeeg said...

I miss Trader Joes. And maybe I should get that salve for my nasty dry feet.

Anonymous said...

Whoa. I buy lots of different sea salts. I read an article a few years ago about traveling and buying salt wherever you go. So, I started. We should compare notes!

wzgirl said...

I'd like to experiment more with salts. I bought some "smoked" salt at a winery a while back - it was smoked over Chardonney oak barrels. There's this cool raw bar local that pairs salts with fish - I loved the pink salt!

"M2" said...

I like where you live too.... I'm moving in

Elizabeth said...

Wow, you live in a gorgeous location lucky girl.

Anne Marie said...

Pad Thai and root beer floats? You're talkin' my language, lady. (Not together of course.)

insanemommy said...

Girl I'm seeing that you and I had more in common than I realized. Both of our au pair's have been for Thailand. We love Thai food!!! Yum, yum... When you get to China you must eat at the Cow and Bridge in Guangzhou. We ate there twice and we were only in Guangzou 4 days! ha ha....

Ok. where do you live? Florida or the Carolina's. It looks like the pier in Lauderdale by the Sea.....Hubby and I from Florida.