Saturday, August 4, 2007

When is the last time you got yelled at?

Only an Asshat like me can get herself and her posse kicked off a walking team. So, our little walking group (5 of us) were invited to join a mainstream 3 Day training session. They were doing the hill at Torrey Pines this morning, which we have been wanting to do. So we show up on the bright ready to walk our fannies off. We were told to be there at 6:10am which we were, we started chatting it up with some other walkers while stretching and hydrating. Finally about 6:35 (uggg) the team leader gives us the route she wants us to take and we head off. Have you ever walked in a pack of 40 people before? You feel like sheeple. Plus they were walking at a snails pace, I like to walk like I am going somewhere. So we break ahead of the pack and walk ahead and about 15 people follow us. We are about a mile ahead, but we could still see the others. We are chatting, talking, laughing and getting to know the other ladies, who seem pretty cool. We get to a stopping point and use the loo and stretch. Miss Team Leader Pissy Pants comes over to our group and gives us an earful "I do not appreciate, people going ahead of the group. These walks are all about friendship and supporting each other and if you want to stay ahead of the group I suggest you find a new group" and a bunch of other verbal vomit that I quickly forgot. I'm not kidding she was yelling. YELLING and scolding us like we were 5 year olds. All 15 of us stood there with our jaws dropped, no believing we just got yelled at. So our group of 15 exchanged email and we are going to hook-up next weekend for a 15 mile walk, thanking us for breaking them away from crazy leader lady.

So, why is it every where I go I whip up a fury? Who knew I was such a bad ass?

9 COMMENTS:

Anne Marie said...

Hahahaha -- sheeple --- hahahaha! You are a bad ass! I too need to walk like I'm going somewhere. If they did it right, they would either have a fast group and a slow group, or a leader at the front going fast, and one at the back -- then everyone could go at their own pace inbetween.

Operationtigerlily said...

EXACTLY. Can you be my leader?

Elizabeth said...

You are a bad girl and deserve to be spanked.
Hard.

kitchu said...

I wanna be with your sheeple. You guys are rebels. I like that.

Two Kayaks said...

Only asshats can stir up such trouble. I would have yelled right back. Who needs her?

aimeeg said...

You smoked in the girls' room at school, didn't you?

Alana said...

Lisa..I have a tendency to get people riled up too.. just imagine our power together. The world would be at our feet.
Oh, and if you dont want Dragonfly' s spanking, I'll take it.

"M2" said...

ha ha,
cracking me up here
again.... some need to get a damn life

Cavatica said...

Your group will have to check in with her group in 6 months and compare physiques!