Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Day 2 of living in Death Valley

It got to 102 yesterday. I cried pretty much half of the day. I may be exaggerating just a little but I did throw myself a pity party at one point. We went to the movies and I couldn't concentrate on the movie because I was dreading for it to be over because I would have to go back in the heat. Why couldn't Balls of Fury (boy's pick) be 3 hours long? So what is a heated girl and her family to do when it is blazing hot outside? We go camp out at the SIL and BIL's house and sit in their pool for 5 hours. Being out in the heat for that long drinking beer made for a bad headache and a wonky tummy. I couldn't eat the ribs my BIL made so I walked home (they only live 2 houses away) and sat on the lawn in my bathing suit and chugged down a gallon of water at 9pm. Ahhhh, finally a little relief. Supposedly this heat wave is supposed to taper off this evening and today will be about 10 degrees cooler than yesterday. Oh, and the kicker of my day yesterday was when I decided to get some ice cream out of the freezer, it was soup. Yeah, our fridge decides to take a crap and everything in the fridge and freezer was spoiled. I am waiting for the refrigerator repairman as I type. I promise the next post won't be me whining, I pinky swear.

8 COMMENTS:

Christine said...

Maybe the refrigerator guy will be HOT- get it???Hahaah - sorry dilerium over the 4 day thing.

walternatives said...

Oh hell - not where you live but the fridge/freezer ordeal! I'm sorry that you're having to go through this - whine away because you certainly deserve it.

Stephanie said...

Oy. At least it's not humid, right? Glass half full thing.

Cavatica said...

That's crazy hot! But not humid???? Please say not humid...

Elizabeth said...

Given the option of being too hot or too cold I would alwaysprefer to be too cold. I am not aheat lover. Sending you frosty thoughts...

insanemommy said...

When do you get a break in the weather? Where the heck are you? Vegas?!?!

Yoli said...

I am sorry, I know exactly how you feel. I hate the heat and here we only get two or three days of mild weather. At 60 everyone breaks out their coats and mittens.

I love, love your 50's pinup pics.

Anne Marie said...

UGH!!!!!