Saturday, September 8, 2007

Victory,...............I think.


We are back to living in Americas Finest City. The horrid heat has moved on and so have I. A promise has been made to my family that I will not be a raving bitch anymore or complain it is too hot, well for now at least.

Now on to the victory part. On Tuesday I got fed up, I mean FED UP that the building division STILL WAS PROCESSING OUR PLANS FOR THE 8TH WEEK! So, starting Tuesday morning I started calling, I called and tried to get in contact with the engineer who is in charge of our project, left a voicemail. A few hours later I left another one, no return call. The next day (Wed) I decided to bypass our engineer and go to said engineers supervisor. Called engineer supervisor once, left voicemail, called three more times that day, left voicemails, no returned call. Thursday, called 4 more times, left voicemail, each time I called I left the same message: My name, site address, plan check number and that I would call everyday every chance I could until I either got a return phone call and/or until someone approves our plans. Friday I forgot my cell home so I couldn't call and harass this guy. Well as luck would have it I get home and check my home phone answering machine and there was a message from the building division. The message goes like this:

"Hi, Mrs. M this is (whatever her name), from the building division regarding plan check number (blah, blah, blah), just wanted to....................."

The memory on my answering machine was full so it cut off right there. SHIT. So, I have no idea whether they are done or they have a question regading the plans. I won't know until Monday when I go down there, but something tells me they were sick of me calling so they pushed our plans out of there so I would stop riding their asses. Oh, hell yeah I am going down there, they obviously don't know how to return a frikking phone call. So that's why I think I am victorious, but not sure. I could sure use some good news for a change.

3 COMMENTS:

insanemommy said...

Lol. Are you building or adding on an addition? I ask because I work for a builder and we are constantly waiting on our permits so that we can start construction. Drives my customer's nutty! Me too, cuz they continue to call me...

Christine said...

You need to talk with Rony on this one...This sounds like when she had to get the sign posted at the kiddie pool- she'll help you set them straight ;)

Headmeister said...

I've done the very same thing before and it has always worked for me. Be nice enough to get the info you want, but annoying enough that they get it for you in a hurry...lol. Hope the reply was a good one, I await the follow up post... :)