Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Perfect Sandiwich


A few have commented on my dream about the perfect sandwich and what that perfect sandwich is. Well I have many but my all time favorite sandwich is a crusty french baguette, one each side of the bread a nice thin layer of irish butter with ham (preferably Black Forest or sometimes prosciutto), a few thick slices of brie cheese and some watercress for some green. Oh, how I dream about this sandwich. I had this sandwich and a bottle of wine each day when I was visiting Paris. I think thats why I dream of it. I love Paris.

They just opened a french bakery down the street and they make a version of this sandwich, it is very good, not like the cafe's in Paris, but close. AND they make a mean Crouqe Madame too, another favorite.

So there you have it friends my perfect sandwich. Whats yours? Don't be afraid to leave a recipe because you know I will be making it.

10 COMMENTS:

"M2" said...

get ready.... I am quite the cook

toast white bread
add tomato
salt
other slice bread

voila yum!

Seriously.... I am a weirdo
I hate cheese on anything
love it separate
hate lunchmeat of any kind
I love the baguette though :)

Mamacita said...

Other than the Spanglish sandwich, my perfect sandwich better have roasted red peppers on it. Mmmm.

Anonymous said...

i would want a crab cake with some artichoke spread on there and a chewy roll.

Stephanie said...

Three letters. BLT

Anonymous said...

Your sandwich is yummy! Mine is something that I only eat like, once every 3 years because it is so dang unhealthy and nasty. But I love it just the same-
Fresh, soft white sliced bread
Thick cut Oscar Meyer Bologna
Cape Cod Potato Chips (regular) and yes the chips go ON the sandwich
Lots of Hellman's Real Mayonnaise

Yum!

Yoli said...

Grilled cheese with mustard and olives. Don't ask.

Anne Marie said...

Here is mine (available at local sandwich shop, Jerry's):

turkey
avocado
tomato
lettuce
honey mustard vinaigrette (some sort of sweet vinaigrette with mustard seeds in it really)
brie

on italian bread

grilled in the panini machine so the bread is grilled and the cheese is melted

it's the best! But i would love your's too!

Anne Marie said...

oh misspelled yours -- hate that!

waitingformaddie said...

Crusty Italian bread
Garlicy Pesto (Must have gum or tic tack after)
Fresh Mozzarella (sliced thick)
Tomato

Smear pesto on bread, add cheese and tomato and enjoy. Add a glass of wine and you have a great afternoon!

Maia said...

I'm with you on the baguette sandwich, having spent my share of time in Paris as a kid, I'm an addict (they have a similar version in Italy, but squashed)
I have so many favorite sandwiches...but one that pops to mind is called the TED (Thanksgiving every day). Mike and I used to get it all the time at an Italian restaurant when we were living in Vail. It's a baguette stuffed with Thanksgiving-style carved turkey, cold stuffing, mayo and cranberry sauce. It's so big it's hard to get it into your mouth, but there's nothing like it after a big fall hiking day.