Friday, September 21, 2007

Paging the Rain Goddess


Please let it rain tomorrow. Please. Pretty please. Our underqualified, over hairsprayed 'meteorologist' on the local news says we are supposed to be getting a monster of a storm. I look outside and the sky is as blue as can be and not a cloud to be found. Please touch down here, please. The reason you ask I am pleading for rain??? Well, homegirl is slotted in to walk a 16 mile train walk tomorrow. This is where my walking team takes the train up the coast and we walk back to the train station. It's cool, we have fun, it's all good, except for the fact that walking tomorrow is the LAST thing I want to do. You see ever since I signed up to walk the 3-Day in November, walking is what I do EVERY weekend. I get up at the asscrack of dawn on Saturday mornings (now on Sundays too) and walk a minimum of 10 miles. I'm tired, I'm burned out. I have a laundry pile the size of Mount Crumpet staring me down. I have piles of magazines just begging me to read them. I have two dogs that desperately want me to give them a bath and take them for a cruise around the neighborhood. I have a pillow that really wants to spend some time with me sleeping in. Please let it rain. I promise I will have my good 3-Day motivation back next week. Please, I'm spent.

11 COMMENTS:

walternatives said...

Fingers crossed that storm blows in for you...

Stephanie said...

"Singing in the rain"

Maia said...

A three-day walk? My ears just perked up. I want to do ALL these things with you. The train walk sounds like a blast...how come we don't have that sort of thing around here?? I'd be so all over it. I love to walk. LOVE it. Where do you live? I'm coming over.

Cavatica said...

I'm prayin' to the Rain God.

Anne Marie said...

OK, I will be bold...does it have to rain for you to take a break tomorrow??? Of course, I totally understand if it does 'cause I would probably feel responsible too, but I'm just sayin'..

wzgirl said...

I'm with you re: the rain! Although my reason is b/c I'm frightenly close to killing my entire backyard b/c I've been too busy to WATER! It is sooo DRY here in Cali...we need the rain.

Doin' the raindance, too. XO

Yoli said...

Rain or no rain, I hope you stayed with your pillow. Sometimes you need to re-energize. Treat yourself.

Anonymous said...

Dear Elvis, please bring the rain on.

insanemommy said...

I'm doing the rain dance for you.

I hear you about making love to the pillow. I slept in this morning until 8:00am... Dog ass tired.

"M2" said...

on my way
to do my dance
I have these powers you know....

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get your page until now.
I'm still composing a letter of apology for the Noah/Arc situation.
~
sincerely,
Rain Goddess