Monday, September 3, 2007

A little cheese with my whine?

Whine #1

It's flipping hot here. I don't fare well under these conditions. I am a huge weather wimp, cold weather included. I'm supposed to be living in "Americas Finest City". What the eff, man it's like "Americas Finest Furnace". Usually summer temps range in the high 70's to mid 80's, because of this fact our house does not have air conditioning, we have never really needed it and when it gets hot it usually only stays hot for a few days and then goes back to normal temps. Nope not this past week it's been in the high 90's. Yesterday it was almost 100. WHAT? Yes, I said 100 degrees. Thank dog we were at a pool all day yesterday at a b-day bbq, so I plunked my ass in the pool with a cocktail all day long. Don't even bother going to the beach because everyone and their brother (literally) are coming out of the woodwork and hitting the water. It reminds me of church (when I darkend THAT doorstep) at Christmas. I did break down and purchased a portable a/c unit that I can wheel from room to room, but someone peeing down your neck will offer more coolness that this hunk of uselessness. Guess whats being factored into the remodel budget as we speak? Yep, central a/c, baby!

Whine #2

Four days worth of referrals? Dag nabbit son of a monkey spank! Enough said.

12 COMMENTS:

Mamacita said...

Good for you. Get the A/C. Screw the four days.

walternatives said...

Smart move on the remodel a/c as I don't see global warming ending before the next summer or two. As for the 4 days - depresses the hell out of many, I'm sure.

kitchu said...

2 things I'm ready for: FALL and 2 WEEKS WORTH OF REFERRALS... and SOON damn it.

You cracked me up with your final comment.

aimeeg said...

I hate the heat so badly, so I am feeling for you.

As for the four days, couldn't have said it better than you did.

Down some icy margaritas and call it a day.

Stephanie said...

Heh, monkey spank.

I swear the whole month of August was in the 100's in Hotlanta. Miserable.

insanemommy said...

Portable A/C. I like it... I thought by whine you meant "wine". Yes, I'll join you! Always....

Unknown said...

you are awesome

Anonymous said...

It was 110 in LA yesterday. That just sucks. It was hot in Vietnam, but I expected that. Grrr.

wzgirl said...

We're not used to the hot heat up here, either. It has become an evening ritual when DH gets home - he calls with the indoor temp report.

Anne Marie said...

OMG you have me cracking UP! I know you were not in the best of spirits, but this post was hysterical. I hope you are cooler now.

"M2" said...

this has been the worst summer ever..........we have the worst drought here
which.....screw the lawns.... I have horses.
and has been 100 or higher for a month.
we left Florida for cooler weather
joke
plus add some hot flashes to the mix... and you have some serious whining.
supposed to be only 97 here today
ahhh the relief...
can you imagine if there was no ac...I'd die

M and M said...

4 days sucks - no matter how you look at it...

Soon enough we (here in Canada) will be complaining about the cold. We complain about the heat too!